I just noticed that when I click on the your icon in my comments section it doesn't send me to your profile because it appears to be protected(?) so I had to wander around a bit to find your blog in my favorites in my browser.
esb- I didn't know about my profile. I think I fixed it. Thanks to all. I have a hard time putting up pictures of myself. A huge self-doubt thing I'm trying to get past.
(Image from morguefile.com) It's been a weird week. The kids had Monday off and that turned my space/time continuum into sheer confusion. Each day began with the normally allotted hours, but somehow, they ticked themselves off at a rapid pace. Breakfast folded right over into the yells of, "Mom, I'm home!" Those precious minutes, I'd like to have pinched them, held them, for just a bit longer. Laundry piled and no sweet smells waifed from our kitchen. The Handy Man arrived from his day of work and I looked back at mine. Where did it go? I need a schedule. I realized this sad fact weeks ago. I've tried. I downloaded calendars, blocked out time for each and every task. But, I've lived too long in spontaneity. For two decades, my time has been spent on the whims of my children. The price didn't seem high, but now I find my account is unbalanced. School and appointments, shopping, homework. They constantly make withdrawls, but rarely p...
I was looking at the pictures on my laptop, searching for some whimsical or thoughtful picture to post for Wordless Wednesday. What I found was this- Perhaps it's time for a 12 Step Program.
After a month of posting daily, I was done. Too many nights when I struggled to find something to write about before I could retire to my comfy, warm bed. When I heard that BlogHer is doing NaBloPoMo in December, I thought no way . Then, I thought again. I'm kinda flaky like that. Thing is, tho' this month has kicked my butt, (why couldn't it have trimmed my butt instead?) I've learned a lot. Two things in particular. First-reading good writing makes me a better writer. Something about reading quality writing gets my brain in writing mode. Aside from loving all the blogs I've discovered and being wow-ed by these women everyday, they inspire me with their prose. Second- the more I write, the better I write. We all know, practice makes perfect. I'm not saying my writing is perfect, (so far from it!) but doing it every day has helped me develop my skill. While I know some of my posts were, well, lame, I think some of them were pretty g...
That's a great picture, the second one.
ReplyDeleteI just noticed that when I click on the your icon in my comments section it doesn't send me to your profile because it appears to be protected(?) so I had to wander around a bit to find your blog in my favorites in my browser.
ReplyDeleteAww! so sweet!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Good for you! and for them!
ReplyDeleteOh, I miss those days :(. Very cute pic!
ReplyDeleteesb- I didn't know about my profile. I think I fixed it.
ReplyDeleteThanks to all. I have a hard time putting up pictures of myself. A huge self-doubt thing I'm trying to get past.
What a sweet picture. How close are they in age?
ReplyDeleteThey're 11, 8 and 5.
ReplyDeleteI tested your icon and it works correctly now taking me to your profile.
ReplyDelete