Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mommy of the Year

Do you ever look back at your life and think, "Wow. I'm so awesome." ?  Yeah, me, too.  Sometimes, I amaze myself with what a great mom I am. Really, I should  get an award.
 Case in point-

We were at Sea World a few years ago.  Max was just 20 months old, and being small, he spent a lot of time in the stroller.  All the other kids decided they wanted to ride the big roller coaster, you know, the one that ends with a big splash?  I said I'd stay with Max. Yep, self-sacrificing, that's me.

 So, Max and I waved good-bye and waited.  We saw the car leave and listened to the delighted squeals.  I stood behind the stroller at the end of the ride, waiting for Handy Man and the kids.  "Oh, look Max. Here they come." I pointed so he wouldn't miss a thing.  You could hear the screams as it began its speedy decent.  It reached the bottom, and the water, a HUGE wave sprayed up- right toward us! I turned and ran.

Leaving my child behind.

(No applause necessary.)

10 comments:

  1. "Run for your wife! Oops, sorry, that shoulfffd have been '"Life"

    Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go. My mother of the year story.

    http://www.sarah-thebeststuff.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-win-mother-of-year.html

    Maybe we can share the award... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. You have a budding Jennifer Aniston on your hands! I think you can be the runner-up, and it's important because you will have to take over my duties if I am unable to fulfill them.

      Delete
  3. This is complete awesomeness. What mom hasn't left their toddler to the wilds of a Sea World spray to save herself?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the one redeeming thing is that he was young and doesn't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me laugh a little too hard, if you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!