Happy Day-after-Mother's Day

Four years ago today I did something I'd never expected to do. I drove to the dollar store and bought a pregnancy test. (Yes, they sell them there and, yes, they work.) Not that I never thought I'd take a pregnancy test, I'd taken a bucket-load of them. It's just that, as I said in my last post, we wanted 6 and we were done. I'd spent all of Mother's Day holding this secret in my heart, wondering if maybe we weren't done after all.
The test was positive.
Now, my 'baby' is three and I'm not sure what I'd do without him. We spend our days together while the others are at school. (Thus, his desire to carry a purse and have his nails painted.) I love the way he crinkles his nose when he smiles and how he gives me kisses. He's spoiled, it's true, but that's the way the cards were dealt.
Thinking about Mother's Day made me ponder all the time I've spent on my children. I don't mind, it's all I ever wanted to do. Tho' I do wish I got paid more! (In money, I get loads of blessings.) So, I added it up and here's numbers on how I've spent the past (almost) two decades of my life.

1827- days pregnant

5124- Minutes in labor.

193- Weeks nursing

72.14- total weight of all my newborns

17 1/2- years with at least one in diapers

1- husband who was there through it all

0- the number of regrets I've had about being a mom.

Comments

  1. Love this -- my numbers aren't as high -- but my blessing are still great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a "lurker", a friend of a friend but that post was so great I had to comment, in fact I want to copy it, thanks for being an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am