If You're Happy and You Know It

Hold your breath,

Make a wish,

Count to three.
I loved this movie as a kid, still do. To me, the idea of going into a room where everything is not only edible, but edible candy, was truly paradise. I thought that nothing would make me happier than having all the chocolate I could eat. As a grown-up, I could eat chocolate all day if I wanted. I now know that this would not make me happy. It would, in fact, make me sick. If you'd asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, other than being a chocolate taster, I would've said, "A mom." That's really all I desired. Be careful what you wish for. Just kidding. I love my job, really. But, as you know, it's a 24/7 occupation. My children do make me happy. Depending on the day, they also make me frustrated, angry, sad, and just plain tired. (I wonder if I have the same effect on my heavenly Mother? Probably.) I try to be patient and revel in the moments when I can get a break. (One of the reasons I love Young Womens- I get a break every week.) Another thing that makes me happy is my Big Hunk. I love spending time with him. I love that he's such a hard worker. I wish he didn't have to work so hard, so we could spend more time together. This weekend- that's what is making me especially happy right now. We're having 2 days without the kids. Being together as a family is great and important, but being together alone is also essential. It makes me a better mom when I can have some time without being a referee/taxi driver/cook/housekeeper/etc. I need time to reconnect with my husband, when we can talk and relax and, well, just be a couple for a day or two. There will most likely be some chocolate, as well. I'm smiling just thinking about it. :0) Tell me, what makes you happy?

Comments

  1. I too love spending time with Phil and wish he didn't have to work so many crazy hours or have his work follow us everywhere we go. I love seeing my children smile, rainy days, walks on the beach when it's cloudy, flowers, feeling healthy, chocolate dipped strawberries, double dipped chocolate peanuts, french toast....uh oh, looks like some of my joys won't make me so happy. Been struggling with that lately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am