How to Celebrate Your 44th Birthday
Here's a few tips on how to successfully celebrate your birthday when you get to be old like me.
- Start celebrating the day before your birthday.
- Spend the night in a hotel with your sweetie. No kids, no phones, no cooking dinner, no kids, no laundry, no housework, no kids.
- Sit in a hot tub a couple of times.
- Stay up very late writing because you know you can sleep in.
- Eat fattening food, don't worry about it because you're 44 now, been married forever and he still loves and desires you, so, who cares?
- Sleep in.
- Let the hotel make you breakfast.
- Go home to the kids and have them all say, "Happy Birthday, Mommy." (yes, I have teenagers and, yes, they call me mommy)
- Ignore the fact that you have kids and a household to run. Lay around all day, watching TV, playing on computer and don't do any housework.
- Take a nap.
- Go to the General Relief Society Meeting with your mom and sisters.
- Be sneaky and eat pie and goodies with older sister while mom and younger sister wait for the meeting to start. (mmm, banana cream!)
- Go out to dinner with the girls. Eat more fattening stuff, even dessert, and have lots of girl-talk.
- Go to bed stuffed like a turkey without a thought as to what awaits you in the morning.
Obviously, I had a great day. (Thanks for all the facebook birthday wishes.) Now, back to reality. Maybe next year, I can figure out how to make my birthday celebration last a week!