Thankful Day 2

When I was young, I wanted to look like this- Just her hair, really. I wanted it long and straight. I achieved the long part, but, alas, my gene pool did not give me straight hair. My long hair was wavy. My life would've been so much easier if we'd have had these-
I don't even know if hairstylists had them, 'back in the day'. Probably. But, they weren't available to normal people.

I feel like I've come to terms with my natural curly hair. When it's short, it's GREAT! But, when it's longer, I love the way my flat iron gives me that sleek, straight look. So, today, I'm thankful for my straightener and for the person who invented this wonderful device.

Comments

  1. hahaha! I heard they used an iron, as in a clothes iron to straighten their hair. Could you imagine?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am