We Are Family

I didn't get on the computer yesterday. When I'm stressed or not feeling 'myself' I avoid it, I don't know why. I did think alot about what I was grateful for yesterday. I'm grateful for the Sabbath, at least the church part. With all these kids, Sunday isn't exactly a day of rest. Maybe if I were a better mom, we'd have spiritually uplifting activities all day. I'm not. Anyway, for yesterday, I'm grateful for our ward. I love our ward family. It's amazing. When we bought this house 4 1/2 years ago, we prayed and prayed to find a house in a neighborhood where our kids would have friends. Heavenly Father did one better and brought us to a ward where we have fabulous friends, teachers and leaders. Having 6 boys, He knew we needed a strong scouting program, even if we didn't. We have the most dedicated scout leaders I've ever seen. It has made immeasurable differences in our lives. For my sweet daughter, she has many friends and fantastic YW leaders. What more could I ask? I wouldn't. But, it doesn't stop there. I have friends (amazing, I know), people I know I can turn to and who I know will turn to me. We have callings, which is important for our growth and for feeling needed. When I think of our ward all I can say is- my cup runneth over. For today, I'm grateful for a Father in Heaven who continues to let me know that He knows me and He knows what I need. I've had a question lately that has plagued my mind. I hadn't actually prayed about it, just pondered alot. Then, yesterday, in fast and testimony meeting, a friend got up and bore her testimony. In it, she answered my question. Dang it! I didn't want to cry in church! But, I did. It was such a witness to me that I am a child of God, that He loves me and wants me to be happy. For that knowledge, I am truly grateful.

Comments

  1. Good programs for our children is a God send to a parent. I pray daily that the adults in my childrens lives will care enough to know my child and know when they need them. I'm glad your kids and you are having such a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling the same way yesterday at church -- we are family!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am