Here's What I Hate.....

Not him, I LOVE him!

I do my best writing in my head- at about 10:23pm. OK, maybe the time is a bit too specific, but you get the idea. It's always as I'm laying in bed trying to sleep.  My mind starts to wander and then, it starts to write. I write brilliantly at this time. Maybe it's because I'm relaxed.  Maybe it's the quiet house.  Maybe it's because I can finally think without being interupted.   I try to tell myself that I'll remember all the inspirational prose in the morning.  I'll remember it. Word. For. Word.
Yeah, doesn't happen.
I tell myself I should get up and write it down. Get out of the bed and turn on your computer!  But, I'm so comfy and warm. And, if I get up, it'll be even harder to get to sleep. (I'm finding as I age, the whole sleep thing is more difficult to come by.)  Instead, I repeat it in my head, sure that I will have total recall in the a.m.
Sun rises, mind is blank.

I had the best idea for a post last night.

This isn't it.

Comments

  1. LOL....yes, sleep is harder to come by...and yes ideas do seem to come in the still of the night, or day for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am