Monday, June 20, 2011

Media Fast

I'm putting myself on a diet of sorts. 
The thought came to me last week that I should have a 'media-free' week. When the thought came to me again and again, I knew it was more than a thought. So, here it is. 

Thanks to my DVR, the shows I really love will be waiting for me next week.  
That way, I won't miss this-

The thing that concerns me most about no TV is the news. I watch it everyday.
Sort of gives me anxiety to think about missing it. 
Guess I'll have my husband keep me informed.

No video games.
Oh, yeah, I don't play them. 

No radio.
This will only effect me in the car.  It'll be just me and my thoughts. 
Kinda scary.

Here's the big one-
This means no facebook. (Eeek!) You mean I won't know what clever, informative things my ex-boyfriends, cousins, and distant friends share? Breathe, breathe.
No e-mail. Yep. If you want to contact me, you'll have to do it the old fashioned way-
And, lastly, no blogging.
What?!?!?!!?
I know. It's going to be hard on me, too. =0)
I decided if I get any brilliant ideas, I'll write them down for next week.  

The reason for this media fast? I need to focus on my book. Every day I think I'll work on it.
Then, all these distractions pop up and at the end of the day, and then, the end of the week, 
I realize, I've done nothing- again.

Sooo, have a great week. Hopefully, I will, too.

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I know you won't read this but I wanted to say it anyway. I'll call you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great- and it will be fulfilling and rewarding I'm sure. This other stuff can really get in the way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!