Happy First Day of School- the frazzled and frumpy way

Most of the time, the other blogs I read inspire me. They make me laugh, or cry. They give me good ideas.  But, sometimes, they make me feel bad about myself. For example, did you have a back-to-school feast? Give your kids crowns and gifts? No? Me either. I bought my kids pop tarts.  And, I was out of bed before them.  That was our big back to school treat. Oh, and I didn't have batteries for my camera, so no pictures. Lame.
 It's these times that I realize the title on my blog is very fitting. Having seven  eight children makes me frazzled. And, as a mom, I'm completely frumpy. Not much fun at all.

We do have a theme for this year. I thought up that one all on my own-before I read nienie's blog. (She always has a theme.)  At our Family Home Evening last week, we got in teams of two and tried to find as many scriptures as we could about school/learning.  Then, we talked about how important knowledge is to Heavenly Father, that that is where His power lies.  Then we read our theme:
 D&C 88:118-119-

"And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.
Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God."

Our focus is on two phrases, "seek learning"  and "a house of learning".  So, I'm not as much fun as other moms, but hopefully, our theme will help us have a better year.

(When we read this scripture, I asked, "Do we have a house of prayer?" 'yes' and asked about each one. When I got to the 'house of order' Hunter said, "No!" I told them that would be a subject for another FHE.)

Comments

  1. We didn't have a back to school feast...or a theme. My kids were out of bed long before me, and I forgot to take a picture of Alyssa when I dropped her off at school. I did manage to get the other two while I was walking them to the school. Had to get my exercise in sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am