Sadie Rowe Doane- my grandma

My paternal grandma was short and sweet. 
She loved her grandkids.
She was a great cook and was well known for her cinnamon twists.
She always bought us gifts, though she couldn't afford it.
She lived for 18 years after her husband died.
Her apartment was small and neat and she had these great pillows on her couch. 
These are things I know about her. 
What I don't know is why she didn't like her name.
I do know  that she told her children they were not to name their children after her.
They all complied with that wish.
It didn't apply to me. Or my niece. 
When we were in Idaho, we went to the cemetery where my grandparents are buried.
We took this sweet picture of Sadie and Rowe-

Somehow, I don't think Grandma minds that she has these two beautiful girls
bearing her name.

Comments

  1. I've always loved the name Sadie and I think it fits her perfectly too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Illusive Peace