Forget-Me-Not


A few weeks ago I was pondering the recent events in my life.  No one gets through without trials and I'm no exception.  But, even with the difficulties, I have had several things happen to me that helped me see how 'watched over' I am. Over the past few months,  I received emails, and had a couple of conversations that were so perfectly timed that I cannot call them chance.  The Lord's hand may be unseen and even unrecognized, but it is there.  Coincidence? I don't believe in it.  What I do believe is that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and is so completely aware of us that He knows what we need before we do.

This assurance was reinforced at the  Relief Society Broadcast a week ago. President Uchtdorf's talk was, in a word, incredible.  I  don't think a single woman listening wouldn't have been touched by his message.  And, will any of us look at a forget-me-not the same way again?
The three things that hit me most were-
Be patient with yourself.  Honestly, I strive everyday to be patient with my children and others I come in contact with.  But, with myself? I'm pretty harsh.  He said to have compassion with yourself.  He said that Heavenly Father knows we aren't perfect and He knows that the woman we think is perfect- isn't.  I have such a hard time remembering that.
Be happy now.  This can be so hard when the trials we have make life seem a bit bleak.  I loved that he said we shouldn't stop hoping for the righteous desires of our hears, but we mustn't ignore the beauty and sweetness around us.  I do have beauty and sweetness in my life. I need to stop and recognize it more often.
The Lord loves you!  'Sisters, wherever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten.  No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you.  In fact, He loves you with an infinite love.'

Just today, I received two more assurances that my needs are known and that He is there, ready to bless me. That is beauty and sweetness in itself.

Read President Uchtdorf's entire talk here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am