Danke Shoen, darling, danke shoen

I'm a sucker for gifts. If you want to get on my good side, anything wrapped in shiny paper will do. Chocolates make me melt and flowers will make me positively giddy. Since I started blogging, I've found that comments have the same effect.  It's so nice to know that someone is reading and enjoying what I've written.

Yesterday, I got a lovely gift, like hazelnut wrapped in chocolate ganache. It melted in my mouth and left me with  the sweetest surge of serotonin.  It was from  S. Staus whose blog Periphery has become a part of my daily routine.  Her gift was this-


Liebster is a German word that means 'dearest' and it is given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 readers.  I've seen it around as I've perused blogs this month, but didn't imagine someone would be so kind as to award it to me.  S. has a true knack for blogging and I was surprised to read that she's so new to this world.  She can be funny or thoughtful, and her posts always leave me wanting more.  About my blog, she said, "whatever her blogs moniker may be, her writing is fresh and funny. I am fascinated by her big family and her ability to keep it all in perspective and remain mostly sane."  That's a whole box of chocolates and a bouquet of tulips to boot.   

If you receive this award, here is how you continue spreading the love-

1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

2. Reveal your top 5 blogs (with under 200 followers)  and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

3. Post the award on your blog.

4. Enjoy the love of some of the most supportive people on the Internet.

Here are my top 5:

Last Minute Mommy- Mandy is funny, in that in-your-face kind of way.  She'd be the girl that I'd follow around in high school, standing on the edge of her crowd, hoping some of her coolness would rub off on me. 

random thoughts from a suburban mom- Karen has a talent for painting her stories with color and texture.  She, too, is funny, and I love her irreverent perspectives on motherhood. 

Melissa's blog- Melissa's writing is smart and witty.  She does this thing called 'Six Word Fridays', and she's so eloquent it totally intimidates me, but I'm going to try this week. (Also, she has a big family and  a daughter named Sadie, which means we're kindred spirits.)  

Straddling the Bell Curve- I don't know the author's name, but this blog has become a fast favorite for me.  She has a son on the Autistic spectrum, so I look at her like a sister who can help guide me through the world of parenting a 'special needs' child.  She tells about her children in a way that draws the reader in. I love how she tells the differences and similarities in her two boys.

The Best Stuff- I first found this blog because she had posted about 'Temple day'.  I was intrigued, as we Mormons have temples.  Turns out, Sarah and I share the same faith.  Her posts are at times whimsical and others, spiritual.  I admire those who aren't afraid  to share their more personal, spiritual side. 

So, there they are.  I highly recommend you check out these blogs, and while you're at it, leave them a little virtual chocolate.  They'll appreciate it as much as I do.


Comments

  1. You're too kind. Thank you. :) And I'll pay it forward, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad I could give you some chocolates! You said such nice things about me, I'm crying a little bit now. Can't wait to check out these other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award! Now I have more blogs to stalk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good heavens, how sweet are you??? Thank you! You totally made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - thank you so much for this! I am just starting out with blogging so this means alot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! *blush* You say the kindest things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Illusive Peace