The Gift of a Break

I was feeling sort of weird about all the posts about my anniversary, then I realized this is my blog and I can write about whatever I want. So there.  (I didn't mean it. Please don't stop reading!)
Today, in celebration of our 20th, we're leaving the children home and going on a fabulous trip. OK, not really.  We are leaving the children home.  We're going to a not-so-balmy-but-very-Mexico-sounding destination.
La Quinta.
Here's the thing.  When you've been married this long and have more than half a dozen kids, anyplace without kids is a vacation. Throw in a hot tub, and baby, it's a resort. As for posting everyday, you'll excuse me if I miss the next one or two.  Yesterday, my daughter said, 'So, you're going to a hotel to watch TV there?'  Um, yeah, that's what we're going to do. Watch tv. Take naps. Sit in the hot tub. That's all she needs to know.  I'll post all about it when we get back.

Just kidding.

The Salt Lake Temple
-where we were married.

Comments

  1. A few days at a La Quinta sounds divine! I'm pretty sure I *would* just watch TV and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Anniversary...and, I totally agree, anywhere without kids is a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You write as much and as often as you want about your anniversary, girl! 20 years is a huge achievement and not something too many people can brag about. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years ago, my sister gave me a night in a hotel half a block from home for my birthday. I had commented about wanting QUIET me time a few weeks before so it was really thoughtful of her, but the first thing I did after I got there was call Hubby and we had quiet WE time, instead. One of the best gifts ever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! You remind me of . . . me! Hope you had a wonderful time in Mexico "watching TV." And congrats on the 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think staying in a hotel without kids sounds absolutely fabulous!! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am