It All Comes Down to One

Reasons.  I've been pondering my reasons for things--priorities and motivation in my life.

The reason I blog. I had someone question what I do. That's okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  It doesn't change my reasons.  (Sticks and stones, and all that.)  I started this blog for two reasons.  One was that I thought I would become famous and more importantly, rich. Funny, huh?  I do have advertising on here, thanks to the wonderful BlogHer community. The money I've earned from that wouldn't fill my car with gas, not even one time. That's all right. I've put that idea aside.  The fact is, the second reason for this blog has become the main reason-- to write.

I'm  a writer.

It took me a long time to be able to say that.  I felt like I needed some kind of publishing contract to give myself that label.  Not so.  I've been a writer my whole life.  It's always been a part of me.  It is one of the things that makes me happy.   And, as I've had this blog, my writing has improved.  I write almost daily.  It isn't always pretty, but it is always an effort. Stretching my mental muscles and strengthening the gift that God gave me.

I also have another reason. You. I don't even know all my readers, which is kind of cool.  You give me a reason to keep doing this.  It gives me hope that what I do is worthwhile. It validates me.
Thank  you.

Now, for a few other reasons for things.

The reason I spend time with Daniel-the-Eliptical?

-30 pounds down.
-I'm wearing jeans that have been in the back of my closet for 2 years.
-Tho' I hate the time we're together, I always feel better after.


The reason I get up in the morning?

Smiles!










The reason I put on a swimsuit on Friday?

To spend time with these people--

Ellie the Little Mermaid

Mitch- that looks like a scary slide!
What? It's in the kiddie pool?

Aww. Cute boy, even with his war wound.

Yes, Brinn,
bells do sound better when you ring with your mouth.

Grandma and her girls.

Mannie and Ellie

Fun and games.

Wow, Grandpa, you're good!

Huh?                What?

Do we make adorable babies, or what?

That's my boy!

A girl so cute, we made a copy--


The reason for it all? 

 Family.

Comments

  1. Love the photos and the glimpses into your life. Love your love-hate relationship with Daniel--I've been thinking I need to get a Daniel in my life. Love that you are here blogging even if there are people who don't "get it." Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Daniel would get more use than he has, but I'm still grateful to have him.
      There may come a day when I stop blogging, but I can't imagine when. For now, you're stuck with me.

      Delete
  2. Loved that you named you eliptical! That made me smile and made my day!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to make it more personal. Doesn't always work.

      Delete
  3. You are a writer, and a wonderful one. And you may have just inspired me to start up with the eliptical again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 30 pounds down! That's my goal. Only 27 more to go. Ha! I'm glad that you blog. Personally, I don't try to figure out why I blog, because I have no idea. I just know that it's fun, and maybe that's reason enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is reason enough. Tho' you also bring much laughter to those who read you--and that's a pretty important attribute.

      Delete
  5. You are definately a fabulous writer and although I have been abscent for a while I love reading your blog :-). I only hope that one day I have the courage to graduate from 'dabbling writer' to actual writer, like you!

    Well done on the 30 pounds loss, great acheivement. I recently dropped a couple of dress sizes and it feels great getting into smaller jeans doesn't it!!

    You have a beautiful family, they are the ultimate reason for everything we do.

    Keep writing, keep smiling, those that matter will understand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! The pictures are adorable :) I'm also a writer but I hate writing it (or saying it). And I'm wondering if I named my treadmill if I'd spend more time with her...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am