Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Be my Buddy?

I started working out a few weeks ago.  My friend asked for a workout buddy and I jumped up and down, yelling, "Pick me! Pick me!"  We meet at the gym at 6am. After some cardio, Brigette puts me through a strength training session that leaves me groaning and sweaty. I've noticed a difference.  I have more energy, and my clothes are loose. Just yesterday, the Handy Man commented on my bicep, which I flexed for him.  He pronounced that my muscles are bigger than his. It's not true. He carries around huge cabinets and sheets of wood on a daily basis. He has nice muscles. Mine are puny, but getting bigger.

Ever since I 'finished' my book, I've taken a bit of a leave of absence. My writing muscle has turned to mush.  I feel all squishy and soft. My mind is jumbled and I find myself avoiding the computer. I have no writing energy and I'm overindulging in junk thoughts.

I need to write. Often.

I am looking for inspiration. Something to spark my imagination. Cues, prompts, challenges.
I already read Write on Edge, and love their weekly prompts. (Look for this week's prompt tomorrow.)  I guess I need some writing buddies.

 Here's my plea-
Do you know of a blog/website/great-Aunt-Mildred who might inspire me? Would you share?
And, if you have a blog, have you thought of doing a weekly/monthly/whenever prompt or challenge? I'd love it if you did. Maybe I will, too.

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you get up so early to work out . . . impressed and a little envious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been limping along in the topic area as well. I might start looking to those prompt sites for ideas. I also need to take notes when good ideas come while I'm drying my hair or grocery shopping. I always think I'll remember them, and guess what?

    Wait. Where am I again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so love to do this, but I know for a fact that I would fail to follow through...I keep waiting for there to be more time and energy but the time and energy fairy keeps failing to come through for me. What a butthead.

    I look forward to the fruits of your labors, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time an energy fairy must be seriously occupied elsewhere because she never seems to show up for me either!!

    I occasionaly follow the GBE prompts http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/ I even tried to do it every week once upon a time but then when inspiration did strike all by itself that would take over and I have eventually forgotten what a good kick up the arse it can be. I may just have to take a look again!! Looking forward to your prompt driven writing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you do this I will make a point to love the prompts and follow them faithfully. I'm not sure that I'd do it otherwise, but for you? Duh.

    ReplyDelete

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!