- My baby turned six. 6. Not a baby anymore, which he is quick to tell me whenever I call him 'my baby'. (Which is what he'll always be.)
- We rang in the new year with my sister, her husband, my brother, his wife, and two of the cutest girls ever. They don't know me too well, but that all changed when I started feeding them broccoli from the veggie tray. We played ring-around-the-rosie and a rompin' game of hide-and-seek. Now, they love me and I'm pretty sure I'm their favorite aunt.
- The kids went back to school- hurray! In celebration, I went to the library and wrote like a mad-woman. Okay, not mad. I was quite calm. And quiet. It's the library, after all.
- My daughter and I had a long wedding talk. She's just waiting on the ring so they can set a date (some time in March-yikes!). It was a good talk. Afterwards, I went to the bathroom to study my reflection. My conclusion? I do not look old enough to be the mother of the bride.
- The temperature here in
hellUtah plummeted. We're talking 7 degrees when my kids leave for school. Good thing the furnace works. (Which it stopped doing the day after Christmas. Ever call a furnace repairman after hours? Try not to if you can help it. Anytime someone can say, "I'll charge $100 just to come to your house", it's a bad sign.)
- The Handy Man went back to work after six days off. That's more consecutive time off than he's had in years. I got used to having him around. When he went back I had some serious withdrawal. I made a chocolate poultice and applied it to my mouth. That helped.