Guest Post by Simply June

June made me laugh the moment I met her. She is a strong woman with the survival instinct of a lion. Her blog- Simply June- is one part funny, one part inspirational. (Then there's the reviews of Downton Abby, which I don't watch...yet.) Big thanks to her for sharing some of her wisdom here. 

Hi, my name is June. I am a Mother, Wife, Sister, Victim Advocate, Survivor, Friend and a daughter of God who thinks a sense of humor is mandatory when dealing with life. I  share all the things that inspire, inform, support of or simply bring a smile to my  face as well as others.  Sometimes all you can do is laugh through the hard times, so why not practice and be good at it? 

Dark Blue fades to Clear


The saying goes "God will never give us a trial we can’t handle" and I think that's true but, we don't have to get through our trials alone.


Once, during a hot summer in Australia, I was driving to pick up Brian at work and while I waited for him in the car, I got really hot. I grabbed a pen and used it to put my hair up.  Later,  we  pulled in the driveway and as I got out of the car I reached back and  wiped away the sweat.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my hand covered in dark blue ink.  I didn't notice I had put a broken pen in my hair.


I walked to the bathroom, shut the door and looked for the hairspray.  I was positive I had read somewhere that hairspray gets ink out of things but when I sprayed the back of my head all it did was spread the ink all over my now tangled and  matted hair.  I spent 20 minutes trying everything I could think of to get out the ink. Then Brian knocked and asked if he could do anything to help.  When I opened the door, I turned to show him how much worse my hair was.  I heard the kids start laughing and Josh said "you look like a really messed up smurf."  Awesome... Just the look I was going for.


Brian convinced me to lean over the tub while he started scrubbing.  The next hour was spent watching the dark blue water slowly get lighter and lighter as it ran from my head to the drain.  Brian had to scrub pretty hard to get it to this point.  I was almost in tears from all the scrubbing and when we were done my head was very sore.  In the ENSIGN was the following statement:


" When possible, the injured should do what they can to work through their trials, and the Savior will “succor his people according to their infirmities.”  He will help us carry our burdens. Some injuries are so hurtful and deep that they cannot be healed without help from a higher power and hope for perfect justice and restitution in the next life. Since the Savior has suffered anything and everything that we could ever feel or experience,  He can help the weak to become stronger. He has personally experienced all of it. He understands our pain and will walk with us even in our darkest hours." -- Elder James E. Faust

 Others may laugh at us and we may be to proud to admit we need support.  Our trials may be as obvious as having blue hair.  We may need others to help us scrub and it may really hurt as they do.  It may even take quite a while before we are not sore from all the scrubbing but if we get rid of our pride and keep scrubbing eventually we will see the water become clear again.

Comments

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Seeing Myself As I Am