Well, hell, I'm a bad mom, too. I mean, really, aren't we all? With the exception of a few celebrities who claim perfection, we're pretty much all in the same boat. Oh, our sins will vary, of course. Where one may not bathe her baby everyday, or another might multi-task till her kids are in danger, none of us does it all to perfection. Don't believe me? Case in point-
- It's 11am. I haven't dressed or even showered. There's a good chance I'll still be in pj's when my kids get home from school.
- I make sure my kids brush their teeth at least once every day.Or two days. (Their dentist loves me.)
- Our afterschool snacks all wear the name 'Little Debbie'.
- I don't make breakfast. Ever. (Sorry, I lied. I make it on Christmas and Father's day.)
- I lie.
- I told my kids that if they lie, a purple light shines on their forehead so I know. (I, of course, do not have a purple light.)
- If a sock is not stiff, it's clean enough for another day.
- If I'm tired, I make my 14 year-old read bedtime stories to my youngest kids. (This also happens if The Good Wife is on.)
- I once missed my daughter's parent-teacher conference. When her teacher tried to reschedule, I said, "Yeah, I'm good." (She was in 2nd grade, I mean, really, did we need to discuss her calculus grade?) Her teacher sent me a scathing note about how I didn't care about her education. I didn't go to any other parent-teacher conferences with him. (And, my daughter is graduating this year, so, somehow, she survived.)
- I was relieved when my son couldn't take band this year.
- I haven't done laundry in four days.
See? No one is perfect. You're probably a lot closer than I am, and this list probably makes you feel good about your parenting skills. So, you're welcome.
Got anything you want to get off your chest??? Leave it in the comment/confession section.