Toddler to Teen
- Less Spongebob, more Survivor.
- 8 o'clock bedtime extends to 10.
- Bottles and sippy cups are replaced by soda and Powerade.
- "Can I go out and play." changes to "I'm going on Facebook."
- "What do you want to be when you grow up?" is no longer a fun question, but a serious consideration.
- Fighting to keep them quiet during church evolves into watching in awe as they so reverently pass and bless sacrament.
- I can no longer buy them clothes then bring them home. The clothes will either (a) not fit; or (b) be unstylish. Or both. More often it's b- I'm not nearly as cool as I think I am.
- Toddler tantrums make way for teenage attitude. (Not sure which is worse.)
- "Shotgun!" is replaced by, "Can I drive?" (I doubt I'll ever drive to church again.)
Now, I know I complain about my teenagers alot, but seriously, I do enjoy this new chapter in our lives. I love talking to them about grown-up stuff and seeing their sense of humor. I have three teenagers and sometimes they don't get along, ok, alot of the time. But, every now and then, I get these moments. Like last night, the three of them were in the kitchen together. Talking, laughing and joking. It made me smile. Then, one of them screamed like a girl, and it wasn't the girl. Oh, well. I'll cling to the moments, no matter how fleeting.
Tell me the differences you've noticed as your kids have grown.