Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Castaway

"You look lost." 
"I do?"
"Where 're you headed?"
"Well, I was just about to figure that out."



Castaway is one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the ending scene (above) where he's trying to figure out where he's going. 
That's kind of how I'm feeling lately.
I was so completely focused on getting my book finished so I could submit it.
I know that I now need to do a major re-write. 
I sat at the computer last week looking at the first page.
I stared and stared. 
I changed one sentence.
Then I turned off my computer.
I feel like my life has stalled.  I'm in the middle of the road.
I know where I want to go, but no longer think I know how to get there.
Maybe some time on a deserted island would get the creative juices flowing.
Maybe I just need a kick in the pants.

2 comments:

  1. just get started down one of those roads. If it doesn't take you there, turn around -- nothings worse than being stagnant.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much luck! How does that saying go? Something about enjoying the scenery while you find your way?!

    ReplyDelete

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!