Thursday, July 5, 2012

And the winner is.......


Time flies when you're having fun. Or when you're spending your minutes reading.  It took me several days, with many, many interuptions.  ("Mom, can I have a fruit snack?"    "Mom, I need a drink?"   "Mo-o-om! Max is annoying me!") My children have not grasped the concept of Mom is Working.  They don't think I work.  We won't go into that right now.

So, I finished. And, I have to say,  I'm happy.  Happy with my work and happy that it's ready to go out. Shoot. Happy just turned into nervous.

I appreciate everyone who commented and guessed. I honestly had no idea how long it would take me.  Turns out, it takes 8 hours and 3 minutes to read my book out loud. (If you're also deleting/adding/editing.)  That means the winner is Michelle, who guessed 8 hours. Wow! Only 3 minutes off. That's some pretty magnificent guessing right there!  (The chapters are on their way to your inbox.)

Next, I need to get my query letters sent. Blech.  I've done this before and I dread the rejections that will be filling my email.  But, hopefully there will be at least one who likes it. All I need is one.


4 comments:

  1. Me?!!!! I won?!!! So cool! I can't wait to start reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foiled. Again. DOH.

    Congrats, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( downside to being behind on my blog reading I missed all the fun!! Good Luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!