Can You Hear Me Now?

Gah!!
I am so out of practice with this blog-writing thing. I start a post, then erase it. Start another and erase it too. Then I go on other blogs to get inspired and all I get is discouraged because they are obviously not out of practice. 
Sheesh. 

Here's the thing- I'm going to be in Listen to Your Mother. (Which, if you don't know, is a nationwide show that celebrates motherhood. It's amazing. You should go. It's May 5th.) And, if you go on the site and click on my name, it brings you here. To my blog. My very, very neglected blog. (If my blog was a kid, someone would call DCFS.)  And, though I doubt tons of people will be clicking on my name, if they do, they'll see my sad blog and think I'm lame. 
(I am lame, but I really don't want to have verifiable proof.)

So, I'm trying to get back into practice. 

If my announcement about LTYM seems familiar, that's because I've done it before. Three years ago. It was incredible. Life-changing. (and about seven other adjectives) Doing it again is... scary. What if I'm not funny? This is a real fear for anyone who tries to be funny. Remember Marlin from Finding Nemo?





But, I'm doing it. Because I'm a mom. And what moms want is for their kids to listen to them. And if they can't have that, then they'd like anyone to listen to them. Anyone. 




P.S. Wanna listen to me? And twelve other fabulous people? You won't regret it, promise. You can get tickets here.

P.P.S. You can watch my first video, too. Tired Mom.









Comments

  1. I'm going to be there. Two of my writing group friends are presenting as well---Amy Stewart and Sarah Plummer. And you. You're my friend too and I'm excited to see you do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot stop jumping up and down and being so excited! This is awesomeness all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you're doing it again! I am sure you will be awesome all over again.

    And I can totally feel your pain on the neglected blog front. Obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Are you one of the three? Stand up and be counted!

Popular posts from this blog

On Turning 56 and Leaning In

Illusive Peace